Our winter has been very mild this year, but it is important to remember that pests are still trying to hibernate and find shelter wherever possible. This includes your home. Whether our normal cold winter weather shows up or not, make sure you are being mindful of unwelcome visitors!
In our last blog, we looked at two visitors you might encounter – termites and overwintering insects. Termites eat all year long, and you don’t want your house to be on the menu. Other insects you might find include earwigs, spiders, and beetles. In this blog, we will go more in depth on a few other creepy crawlies.
- This type of cockroach is the most common and is found all over the world.
- It thrives in warm, moist places with food and usually enters your home via boxes, grocery bags, and secondhand appliances.
Brown Recluse Spiders
- In accordance with its name, this spider likes to live in undisturbed places like attics, basements, crawl spaces, and closets.
- It can also be found inside cardboard boxes and rarely-used clothes and shoes.
- They bite and inject venom when disturbed, so if you see one, give us a call immediately.
If you even suspect that you have an pest issue, go ahead and give us a call. Our professional technicians can inspect your home from cellar to attic. If pests are found, we will quickly exterminate them. And if no pests are found, you can rest easy! The key is to be in the know, and Armor Pest Control is here to help you with just that. Contact our insect pest control company today!