Rodents enter your home only when they are invited. It is important for every homeowner to know that mice typically nest within 15 to 25 feet of a food source and rats 100 to 150 feet. Determining the source of a rodent infestation is important to finding the best possible solution to solving a rodent infestation.
Here Are Some Signs of Rodent Infestation
- Rodent droppings around food packages, in drawers or cupboards, and/or under the sink;
- Nesting material such as shredded paper, fabric, or dried plant matter;
- Evidence of gnawing and chewing on food packaging or structures;
- Evidence of damaged structures providing entry points into the home; and
- Stale smells coming from hidden areas.
- Burrows anywhere in your yard or beneath the garbage can
- Pets bringing home a dead rodent
- Rats traveling along utility lines or on the tops of fences at dusk
- Noises in the attic or walls throughout the night
- Smudge marks on walls beams, rafters or pipes caused by rodents rubbing their fur.
If you find any of the signs listed above, you know it’s time to call Armor Pest Control to professionally identify and remove the infestation existing in your home. And rodents of any kind are not just an embarrassing problem. They can carry disease into your home on any surface the walk across. Give Armor Pest Control a call today and take care of rodent problems.
Here are some tips to help you protect your home from rodents:
- Clean areas under stoves, refrigerators and dishwasher
- Keep counter tops clear of food.
- Do not leave glasses of water out overnight.
- Store dry food, pet food and birdseed in sealed containers.
- Clean pet bowls at night.
- Keep storage areas free of clutter
- Rodent-Proof hard-to-access areas that tend to be neglected
- Store supplies or materials off the floor
- Properly maintain landscaping – trim any overgrown, vegetation and shrubbery until ground underneath is visible.
- Remove any debris – rock piles, old equipment and such.
- Elevate lumber and firewood at least 18 inches.
- Store firewood away from the house.