In our last blog, we gave you three signs that you have a mouse problem in your home or business. We have had a lot of experience with the mouse population of Baltimore, and we know what it takes to hustle them out of places they do not belong.
Today, we have three more signs of mice for you. Check them out!
- Mice leave tracks a lot, and the tracks can stick around for up to three months. You can spread talcum powder over suspected tracks to see if new tracks show up in it the next day.
- Mice follow common paths, so investigating their routes is a great way to see what is going on.
- Mice prefer to build their nests in quiet places close to food, not water. They get the water they need from the food they eat. They will collect materials from your home and make nests in your walls, ceilings, and floors.
- Once they have a nest, their population will increase rapidly. That means, if you have a solid mouse infestation, you probably have multiple nests.
- Mouse feces are small and dark, and you will notice them if you clean an area and see new feces there again the next day.
- Because mice eat their food little by little as they run around during the night, they defecate all over. This works against them, so use it!
If you think you might have an issue but you are not sure, give us a call. We can come and look for the signs we are so good at identifying. Get our experience and expertise on your side – call us for mouse and termite inspection today!