- More than 120,000 species exist ranging in size from one-twentieth of an inch to well over three inches long.
- Take on various shapes. In the larva or maggot stage, flies resemble greasy white worms.
- Do not have teeth or a stinger, but rather thrust needle-like hooks into victims and inject a digestive juice that breaks down cell tissue.
- Have life span of approximately 21 days (house flies).
- Are attracted to a variety of warm, moist substances from animal feces to human food and garbage.
- Spread at least 65 human pathogens including typhoid fever, diarrhea, tuberculosis, salmonellosis and cholera.
- Breed in garbage cans, compost heaps, pet feeding and pet elimination areas.
Call us today to eliminate these pests!